- Indoor and outdoor propagation models (path loss, shadow and Rayleigh fading)
- Wireless link budget and receiver sensitivity, diversity reception
- Multipath wireless mobile channel
- Intersymbol interference, discrete time equalizer
- Maximum a posteriori (MAP) and maximum likelihood (ML) symbol-by-symbol detection (soft-demapping)
- Maximum Likelihood (ML) detection of sequences (Viterbi algorithm, Trellis diagram)
- Exercises: Theoretical problems and applications from wireless transmission
To be proficient in design and application of advanced digital data transmission for wireless and wire-line networks, and storage devices.