Both lecture and exercise will be held as online video conference sessions, i.e., you can study this course remotely. However, we decided to also (experimentally) offer an on-site in-person option for those of you who prefer studying in a group. You are invited to come to our institute's lecture hall V47.2.314 on Fridays starting at 14:00, we will finish no later than 17:15 (and sometimes earlier). Refer to ILIAS course for details.
- Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) channel models: linear flat fading and frequency selective fading wireless MIMO channel, correlation models
- Spatial multiplex, diversity principles
- MIMO receivers: Zero Forcing, Minimum Mean Square Error, Maximum Likelihood
- MIMO system capacity, water-filling method to maximize capacity
- Space-time coding methods such as Alamouti scheme
- Space-time iterative (Turbo) decoding receivers
To be proficient in design and application of wireless data communications systems with multiple antennas at transmitter and receiver (multiple input multiple output, MIMO).